Thursday, September 13, 2012

Presidental Election Thoughts

         This year in the upcoming 2012 election for a president, I will be able to vote for the first time ever. Not only is it my first time ever to vote, but it is the first time I have ever actually paid attention to what each candidate has to say. My mom is a republican and my dad is a democrat, which you think would cause conflict between my house but it really doesn't. If both of my parents were democrats or republicans, I would just automatically side with whatever they both were. Since they are not however, it is up to me to make my own informed decision on who I want to be the next president of the United States. Taking AP History last year and taking State of the Union this year will definitely help me in making my decision. Three years ago, I barely knew what was going on with the economy and I probably wouldn't be able to tell you the Vice President. Now, having more knowledge and information about the United States, it will be easier for me to decide who I want to choose. I have not decided yet which candidate I will vote for, but when the time comes, I know I will make the right decision for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment