Monday, October 8, 2012

Green Line Trolley Compare & Contrast

            Earlier this afternoon, a green line trolley derailed and hit another empty trolley but in the process sent the operator and a few passengers to the hospital. Although no one was killed, many people had serious injuries. Many people complained about serious neck and back injuries.  The incident occurred a little after 4pm and happened between two stops. Each of the trolleys had two carts on it and serious damage was done to each cart.
          It was confirmed that the accident was due to human error. The investigation showed at a certain section their is a crossover that was supposed to switch the cart but the switch was never flipped so it ran into the other car. The accident had nothing to do with faulty equipment.  The train is currently expected to remain derailed until next Tuesday. I got this story from the Boston Herald and it was just posted a few minutes before I went on the website. I checked various other local newspapers and no one else had a report on the derailed trolley. However since I have nothing to compare to, I would only assume that any other paper writing about this story would probably have something similar to what was in the Herald seeing as how it is such a small story.

No comments:

Post a Comment