Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Maryland Man Escapes Death Penalty

       An interesting story that I read the other day was about a man in Maryland that murdered his estranged wife that was 51and his son who was 11. This happened in Rockville Maryland and the man arrested has already been in jail before. Lopez, the ex convict, beat both the mother and son to death with a baseball bat and then dumped their bodies in a wooded area near their home.  The bodies were found nearly a week later by a hiker. A day after the bodies were found Lopez was found in a motel with his girlfriend.  He now faces two charges of murder. Although it has been confirmed that he will not get the death penalty he still faces a maximum penalty of life in prison if convicted.
        Personally I am happy that he didn't get the death penalty. I think that he should have to suffer and live with what he has done instead of getting the easy way out and dying. I think emotionally it would be less painful for him to just die. I think serving a life sentence in jail is worse for him and seeing as how he is an ex convict and killed both of those people with intent, I have no sympathy for him. These were supposed to be people he loved, so how could he do something like that? Some people now a days are really messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment