Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Students Safe at School?

        Alexandra Kogut, a freshman student at Utica College in New York, was found murdered in her dorm room last Sunday. The murder occurred late Saturday night and it was suspected that her visiting boyfriend is the culprit. Her tweets indicate that he was coming up for the weekend and that she was excited to see him. But early Sunday morning at 12:13am Kogut tweeted "should've known." indicating that something went wrong with her boyfriend. Later Sunday night her boyfriend admitted to killing her but the reason why is still unknown. I thought this story was interesting because college is supposed to be a safe place for students yet a girl died there. Also this story got my attention because two of the girls that I work with go to this college. It made me think that something like this could happen to anyone including the girls I work with.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/alexandra-kogut-murdered-college-student-left-ominous-tweet/t/story?id=17366495

No comments:

Post a Comment